Friday, October 29, 2010

Monsters & Magic




A little Halloween present for everyone... As well as be a fan of slightly odd Euro schlock soundscapes, I'm a big fan of old school video games. I think I've owned just about every console available over the years (feeling reeeeal old now) and spent plenty of lunch money at arcades during my school years. Lots of precious memories there. I'd always wanted to create/design games of my own and using the pretty amazing (to me anyway) Game Maker software, I've managed to finish a little video game project of my own. Now I want to share it with you.

It's an arcade platform shooter loosely inspired by retro classics like Ghosts n' Goblins, Castlevania, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man and lots of other 8 bit NES / Famicom titles.

The Halloween connection? There's a loose horror theme going on with the first few levels set in a grave yard and a variety (plethora? bestiary?) of monstrous lil' critters out to hurt you.

It's a small file, just under 3MB and pretty straightforward to play. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I'll be putting together an 'upgraded' version somewhere down the track so any feedback/criticisms will be given consideration:





I've also started a blog to cover my video game projects and my 'imaginary' company AdVISION:



HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment